He said the choice of Tito Vilanova as a first team coach "left wounds and personal grieves"
In radio show "Tu diras" of RAC1, Andoni Zubizarreta was interviewed. A conversation that started with what happened a year ago, when Barça let him go from his Director of Football position.
Statements previous to his dismissal
- "I didn't say anything, only an obvious thing, an information that was interpreted in a certain way at that precise moment."
- "The organisation chart was the same since 2010, when it was introduced."
- "I don't regret anything, I look straight ahead. There isn't a 'before' and an 'after' Anoeta."
The game crisis
- "It seemed like the team was going nowhere and, outside the club, many abandoned the ship. The same ones than were later at the final in Berlin and enjoyed all the trophies."
The Champion's League final
- "I'm not angry at Bartomeu. If I didn't go to Berlin it was because I felt an internal contradiction: on the one hand pride and on the other pain from having handled a transition very complex."
- "I prefered to enjoy the final in my house with Narcís, Albert and the family... My people."
- "I was at the Stadium for the Copa del Rey final and it was even worse because on the other side was Athletic."
- "It seemed like the world would end when Guardiola would leave or when this generation would go."
- "The answer was Tito Vilanova, a decision that left wounds and personal grieves."
- "I can't talk about the relationship with Guardiola, it hurts deeply."
Valdés' end of contract
- "The idea was that Victor had been a goalkeeper for many years, and we thought he could form Ter Stegen."
- "After that Valdés sais he didn't want to renew his contract and when Luis Enrique arrived, he told me to speak with Unzué and that we look for an older goalkeeper. He gave the name of Bravo."
Does Leo Messi have a lot to say about transfers?
- "I was taking the decision to sign someone after a process. They put all the questions on the table."
- "My decisions were taken based on my opinion and all the information I was given."
- "The decisions are not only based on the names: they're based on the team's balance, the necessities it has and the ability to invest."
- "He has a lot to do, more than people think, with this team. But it is true and it is good that this Barça belongs to Barça, a bit more impersonal and without only one owner."
Barça-Celta's two-man penalty
- "The first reaction is surprise, then you look at the referee and finally you smile..."
- "In football there is no need to take it so seriously either."