He also explains that "if we were talking about the treble in January, we would have been called crazy"
Xavi Hernandez is doing the last interviews as a Barça player, before going to Qatar. He reviewed some of the key moments in his life as Barça player. Here you have his most prominent statements:
- "Victor Valdes had the most serious injury of his career, and this negative situation caused his discreet farewell. Also for Carles Puyol, moreover, we didn't won any title. I'm very sorry because two Barça legends deserved a better farewell".
- "Qatar has worked economically well for the club. In fact, Qatar conditions allowed us to biçring Neymar and Luis Suárez".
- "Is basic to have innate talent to arrive to the first FC Barcelona squad. Moreover, then is necessary to train, be consistent and have to sacrifice. In my career I have seen more than 200 talented children, but only 2 or 3 have reached the first team. Puyi had not much talent, but he was a great professional".
- "Guardiola has been my reference in all ways. As a player and also as coach, when he gave me a high responsibility. He revolutionized the football world [...] He was caring about every possible detail".
- "I don't know if [this year's treble] is better than the first one, but it was harder to reach. For sure. Nobody believed in us, neither with the coach. If in January we were talking about the treble, we would have been called crazy. The way of playing football was different, but Messi, Neymar and Suarez make this way different".
- "The death of Tito Vilanova is the hardest shock of my career. When Tito went to the United States, we were very sad. Not only from the sportive point of view, but also for something personal. The death of Tito was very unfair".
- "Messi will do whatever he wants. [...] It will be very difficult to get used to live without Messi. It will be practically impossible to find someone as complete as him".
- "Luis Enrique changed everything, with new ways of training that were more demanding. We couldn't spend another year without winning any title, and the team got really united.
- "I would sign Koke, he is a player who can be perfectly at the club because he has talent and organizes the game ver well. [...] In fact, I think that it will be very difficult to do it because he is deeply rooted at At. Madrid".