"There were some misunderstandings and things that maybe shouldn't have been said have been told"
The negotiating process continues to determine Barça's sponsor on their shirt for next season. Talks go on with Qatar, although Barça concedes they have other offers.
In statements to Mundo Deportivo, Hassan Al Thawadi, man of influence in the Middle East and President of the 2022 World Cup Organising Committee, affirms an agreement will be found:
- "We Qatar are good friends with Barça, we are going towards a renewal, for sure."
- "I have an excellent relationship with president Bartomeu."
- "The situation needs to be corrected. There were some misunderstandings and things that maybe should not have been said have been told."
- "The collaboration between Qatar and Barça has been very productive for both parts. Qatar Airways are very satisfied; we are too for Qatar's international impact and I think Barça should be as well about the amount of our contribution as a principal sponsor."
- "We have to try to cure the wounds if there were any, shake hands like the friends we are and move forward like we did until now. We are trustworthy Barça and Qatar friends and things should continue that way."