Atlético's player defends that the red card is unfair
Fernando Torres, Atlético Madrid player that will not be able to face Barça on Wednesday because of the red card he received in Camp Nou, was interviewed on Monday in the radio SER's program 'El Larguero', in which he commented on the Champion's League clash with the Blaugranas.
Clash with Barça
- "With eleven players we would have won in Camp Nou."
- "What I feel the most is the fans' support, that makes me feel responsible because I know how important the game was, how important Champion's League is."
The red card
- "It is a challenge that is not necessary. [Ambition] It is hard for my team to play with ten men for an hour in Camp Nou."
- "It can never be a red card, I only bumped into him and touched is leg."
- "It was the worst moment of my career, it was a very hard moment because of everything it meant."
- "You stay alone in the dressing room, only with your loneliness, I wanted to be alone. It was not only a sport-related thing, I felt that on the personal level something was getting away from me."
The game in Calderón
- "We don't need to make any call or claim, we know how the Calderón is."
- "It will be a historic game for the club."
Simeone, who was his teammate
- "Simeone helped me knowing what it is to be a captain."
Other dressing rooms
- "In no other clubs in which I've played have I seen the spirit there is in Atlético."
- "It is not the time to speak about it [...] I will never be a problem for Atlético."
- "Hopefully I can be Atlético's Totti or Valerón."
His relationship with Kiko, his idol
- "For me, at 17 years old, to train with the first team was incredible, then imagine coming on the pitch with my idol, Kiko. It's the only player to whom I asked for a shirt."
- [Kiko:] "I would have had to behave with him differently, his arrival in the first team caught me in a bad time."
- "I don't care about how he behaves, he was my idol!"
- "We never played at the same time on the pitch."