He feels adapted to the team, but he aspires to something more and he wants to win titles
FC Barcelona's German goalkeeper, Marc-André ter Stegen, feels adapted to his new club, but he admits he wants more. In an interview at the German newspaper KSTA (Kölner Stadtanzeiger) claimed to be the starter goalkeeper.
His role in the team
- "I want to be the clear number 1. Not being it is something difficult for me."
- "I play Copa and Champions and since Champions League round of 16 every game is a final. Big matches where I can't do any mistakes."
- "No one puts a red carpet in front of you here. You have to work hard to earn your spot."
- "It would be foolish of me to think I would be the undeniable number one choice from day one, but that's the goal I'm going to work for."
- "It's tough having to watch all Liga games from the bench, but I know that I'll be the number one goalkeeper in the future, so that keeps me calm and helps me concentrate on the opportunities I do have."
Being Barça player
- "I feel very comfortable at this club and I want to spend a long time here. Although I'm not the number one guy, and that's a tough situation for me, I'm waiting for my shot."
- "I came here to win titles. The seasons is going well. We are in La Copa final and we have options in La Liga and in the Champions League. We need to be in the semifinals!"
- "Superstar? No way, I don't think of myself as a superstar. I'm not Justin Timberlake or Kanye West. Those are superstars to me. I'm a regular person, that's all."
- "Messi is a simpatico person. A likeable man with amazing conditions."
The German national team
- "For the moment I'm concentrated with the U21, where I want to be starter. That's why I need a good performance in Barcelona, winning experience."
The best goalkeeper in the world
- "The best goalkeeper in the world is Manuel Neuer".