The player thanked everyone for the support received during these 6 months
After 6 months injured, Rafinha got medical green light last March 17 and went back to the group's dynamics. Before leaving with Brazil U23, he conceded an interview to the official Barça media:
- "This is a moment of immense joy.”
- “Returning to full fitness is weight off my mind.”
The injury period
- "The first months was the toughest. I needed the crutch for everything."
- “This really changes you. It makes you mature”.
- “I am footballer. If you can't play football, then you need to find other things."
- “What surprised me the most was to get support from people I didn't know."
- “The help and support of my family, like my brother Thiago, and of my friends, as well as so many members of the club and other people, played a huge part in getting me through this and helping me to forget about the injury.”
- "We've spent many years together and he knows me really well. It's fantastic to have his support."
- "I have no doubts this team can make people happy as last season."
Renewal until 2020
- “A new contract with a club like Barça brings peace of mind.”
- "I hope to return the gesture with my football.”