-"As the time goes you think that maybe I could have avoided saying some of the things I have said", he afirmed
Barça's centre-back Gerard Piqué has given an interview on Wednesday morning to the Onda Cero radio show 'Al primer toque' ('first touch'), in which he went on Barça's successes, transfer moves and the atmosphere in the Spanish national team.
- "Nolito would be a great player for Barça and at this price it is a bargain."
- "It is very hard to win every time, more than people think".
- "I don't think we can complain about trophies at Barça in the recent years."
- "I am lucky to have known Messi since I was 13 years old. He is from outer space, he is patrimony of the club and patrimony of football."
- "It is extremely rare that three stars like Messi, Neymar and Luis Suárez do so well. That is priceless."
- "Ibra didn't accept his role in the team and for that he didn't stay long."
- "I don't picture myself anywhere else but in Barcelona. When I retire I hope it will be here."
- "I wish all the best to Marc Bartra at Borussia, he's a great player."
- "Em posa trist que marxi Marc Bartra... M'hi veig reflectit en moltes coses, de quan jo era jove com ell".
- "I'm sad to see Marc Bartra leave... He remind me, in many aspects, of myself when I was young like he is."
The Champion's League final
- "The final was goof, congratulations to Madrid for winning the trophy although I would have preferred an Atlético win."
- "I felt for Atlético's people, they're a great club and great fans. Atlético gives much dignity to Spanish football."
- "As the time goes you think that maybe I could have avoided saying some of the things I have said.
- "I try to be myseld and not convince anyone. People already have a ready-made idea about me and it is hard to change it."
- "We wanted to invite Kevin Roldán to the double's celebration but I didn't because if you organise the party before you'll surely lose."
- "If Arbeloa were an Eibar or an Alavès player there wouldn't be so much trash... I have no problem with him."
- "If I could go have dinner with everyone that has booed me on the pitch I'm sure we would be friends."
- "I have friends who support Madrid and who say that 'if they knew you they wouldn't think that way'..."
Spanish national team
- "You don't always win even if you're way better. The defeat [against Georgia] was an accident."
- "It will be very difficult to win the Euros but we have that dream. In 2008 and 2010 no one saw us as favourites."
- "It is an honor that Del Bosque considers Ramos and I as important for the team."
- "Saying that Ramos and I are not getting along is what sells. We have never had any problems."
- "The new guys have adapted very well, now it is easier than before. I remember that the veterans were very playful."
- "When Gerard Deulofeu arrived in Barça's first team I pulled his chair during a dinner and they scolded me hard."
- "I stopped doing Periscope because I reached an agreement with Facebook, not so that other teams win."
- "Journalism is going in a direction that as a professional I consider being incorrect. We talk about everything except football."
- "We all have a part of responsibility but I think that there are people still doing things well in the world of journalism."