He also revealed that he was close to signing for Madrid, when he was a player
Edson Arantes do Nascimento, Pelé, was at the Cinema festival of Tribeca on Thursday where he attended the presentation of the movie about his life, "Pelé: birth of a legend". On this occasion he explained that he had been on the verge of playing in Europe.
The jump to Europe
- "I was almost about to sign for Real Madrid."
- "Però mai em vaig penedir d'haver-me quedat al Santos".
- "But I never regreted to have stayed at Santos."
The best team
- "Despite their elimination in the Champion's League, it is clear that in the last fifteen years Barça have been the best team."
- "In the same way, it was the Dutch who played the best before."
- "The Golden medal in some Olympic Games as well as the Ballon d'Or [at that time only European players could win it]."