The Argentine is the main candidate to win
Leo Messi, the main candidate to win FIFA Ballon d'Or, appeared this afternoon before the ceremony and together with Neymar and Cristiano in press conference. The Argentine explained he was really proud to be there. But when he was asked to choose between 5 Ballon d'Or trophies or a World Cup Messi had no doubts: the World Cup.
Here you have his best statements:
- "It's a plesure to be here. It's a beautiful thing and I will try to enjoy, wether I win or not."
- "Every year I try to perform as well as last season or even improve. Last year we managed to win almost everything and I'm relly proud."
- "I can't choose one single moment of last season."
- "Five Ballon d'Or trophies or a World Cup? What a question! But I would definitely choose a World Cup, it's the best thing for a player."
- "I'm sure Arda Turan will help us. He has extraordinary quality. He and Aleix Vidal will make us stronger."
- "I'm proud of all I achieved in FC Barcelona. It's always difficult to win when you have already done that."
- "It's the 9th time I'm here. And I'm satisfied with just this."
- "Neymar my sucessor? No, he's his own man. Has everything to become whatever he wants. He's a great player and a great human being."