471 official matches by the Argentinian with Barça's jersey
Everybody knew the day would come. Waiting for Messi's 400 goal with Barça jersey was only a matter of time. At Camp Nou the Argentinian achieved the number, one more to his unstoppable number of records. A long ride at minute 93 meant the 2 to 0 of Barça against Valencia. Messi, exhausted, beat Diego Alves when he kicked for the second time before he threw himself on the ground, knowing about the 3 points they just won and about his goal numer 400 with his team.
Messi is the main actor of his football career. He had directors of all kinds and a luxury cast with his teammates. From that May 5, 2005, when he scored his first goal with Barça against Albacete at Camp Nou, current Barça's number 10 couldn't be stopped. Almost 10 years later, again, his number of goals is perfect. A lot of them were and will go with his achievements. Praises of a lot of football people help to feel the dimension that Messi represents.
THE 400 OFFICIAL GOALS BY LEO MESSI
- 2004/2005: Liga 1 (1)
- 2005/2006: Liga 6 / Champions: 1 / Copa del Rey: 1 (8)
- 2006/2007: Liga 14 / Champions 1 / Copa del Rey: 2 (17)
- 2007/2008: Liga 10 / Champions 6 (16)
- 2008/2009: Liga 23 / Champions 9 / Copa del Rey 6 (38)
- 2009/2010: Liga 34 / Champions 8 / Copa del Rey 1 / FIFA Club World Cup 2 / Supercopa de Espanya 2 (47)
- 2010/2011: Liga 31 / Champions 12 / Copa del Rey 7 / Supercopa d'Espanya 3 (53)
- 2011/2012: Liga 50 / Champions 14 / Copa del Rey 3 / Mundial de Clubs 2 / Supercopa d'Europa 1 / Supercopa de Espanya 3 (73)
- 2012/2013: Liga 46 / Champions 8 / Copa del Rey 4 / Supercopa de Espanya 2 (60)
- 2013/2014: Liga 28 / Champions 8 / Copa del Rey 5 (41)
- 2014/2015: Liga 35 / Champions 8 / Copa del Rey 3 (46)
Liga: 278 // Champions League: 75 // Copa del Rey: 32 // Supercopa de Espanya 10 // FIFA Club World Cup 4 // Europe Supercup 1
A number that will be written on Barça's history and a lot of cinema romantics can be remembered of the opera prima of the cinema-man François Truffaut Les 400 Coups (The 400 Blows). Truffaut was the producer, along other directors of that age, of the Nouvelle Vague, a new wave that meant a change to the model of the time, against the structures of the French cinema from that time, in favor of quality cinema, giving more freedom to the film creators. Maybe with the same freedom that Messi performs on the pitch, the film-maker directed his first movie. The title refers to the French expression that can be translated as "doing everything" for all the main character has to do, Antoine Doinel -the director's alter ego-, to finally get what he wants, with an unbalanced family.
We take advantage of the number connection to remember the poster of the French movie, starring Messi.
From 400 Blows to 400 Goals.