"I had surgery to play for Barcelona first"
Jérémy Mathieu spoke to Mundo Deportivo in a large interview. The French defender shared his views ahead of the Copa del Rey final.
- "It is the most important title. In the dressing room we think so".
Copa del Rey
- "It is also a club's target. The last title. The double. We want to win it, doesn't matter how good Sevilla are playing".
- "The important thing is I was able to come back quickly".
- "My commitment was with Barcelona, not with the national team. I said so when we were still alive in the Champions League. I think in my club, first of all".
- "I want to play as long as I can. If by when I am 60 I can't run, I don't care. Football is my passion since I was 5".
"I spoke with the manager and I said I was sorry. That in the match against Villarreal when I came in I didn't play well".
- Nobody told me anything about my future. I don't start... Ok. I try to have the manager's confidence. If he tells me that he doesn't count with me, then ok, I would leave".
Role in the dressing room
- "It's incredible to share the dressing room with these huge players. I don't feel like a star".