The midfielder is really looking forward to the beginning of the Euroepan competition
Javier Mascherano is really looking forward to the beginning of Champions League. He said that in an interview at UEFA.com, where he also analyzed Roma, first opponent of Barcelona in the European competition, this Wednesday in Italy:
- "We are delighted with the return of the Champions League, a very special competition for us."
- "Roma plays good soccer. That benefits us sometimes."
- "Also we have to keep in mind that they have a good squad and that they will play from the start to the end fighting for every ball."
- "It's a team with tradition and above all we know how hard playing in Italy is."
- "Tactically it's a team that defends well. It will be difficult to score. It's going to be a tough game for us."