The Argentine praised the coach after the match against Espanyol
Javier Mascherano is one of the most worthy Barça players to listen to, because when he speaks he always says interesting things. His career suffered a radical change when he arrived in Barça. He had to be Busquets' alternative, but Pep Guardiola placed him as center-back, in the defense.
After the match against Espanyol, Mascherano was asked about the next opponent in the Champions League, precisely Guardiola's team, Bayern Munich, and this is what he said:
- "He really left a mark on me... and he will keep doing it."
- "I really appreciate him because I'm really thankful with people who have helped me. But now he is the opponent coach."
- "We know he is a real Barça fan, but he will have to do his job and try to be in the UCL final... like us."
- "This year's Bayern is as strong as the one that eliminated us for 7-0."
- "Heynckes' team probably used counter-attack with more frequency; they didn't need the ball to be dangerous."
- "Guardiola changed the style. Now they practice a more positional attack. They have big quality and are candidates to the title."