"I am not studying any departure," said the coach
This Tuesday, some media published that Dani Alves had got an astronomical offer coming from China to leave FC Barcelona before February 26, when the Asian market is closed. The numbers, €12 million per year salary and a 3-season contract for the Brazilian, who has contract with Barça until 2017 with another optional year.
In press conference, Luis Enrique answered the question of a hypothetical transfer of Alves and he was convincing: "I am not studying any departure. Then the circumstances may change but in fact we don't have an excess of players, so I am not contemplating any departure." The coach also admitted he didn't know how the Asian market worked.
Barcelona's coach also said he is satisfied with Dani Alves' performance this season and was happy to have many players on the side, fighting for the right-back position. "We have Alves and Aleix Vidal but I don't rule out Sergi Roberto neither. I'm delighted with the 3, so it's a well-covered position. Alves is a competitive beast and give his best in every situation. Aleix adapted really fast and well. And Sergi Roberto did great when he had to play as full-back."
The potential of the Chinese market
Over the last year, Chinese soccer positioned as one of the main countries with a best potential to sign. This winter, teams from their league starred 5 of the 6 most expensive transfers: Alex Teixeira (€50 million), Jackson Martínez (42M), Ramires (28M), Elkeson (18.5M) and Gervinho (18M).