The commissioner reminds that there is no need to pay for the work of Espai Barça all at once nor to make the whole refurbishment right now
One week after presenting the New Camp Nou, Jordi Moix, the commissioner for Espai Barça, went to the Club de la Mitjanit of Catalunya Ràdio on Wednesday to explain this project.
- "Yes, we will see about it. We're working on it. [Many projects still on paper] It shows that those projects are complicated."
- "There is no need to do it all right now. We can go executing phases progressively."
Why was there a vote without knowledge of what is going to be done?
- "To get to the point where we are now, we needed one year of work. Doing all this without the socios' approval was a risk."
- "To get to the solution we chose, there is an important technical part. To do a vote on esthetics has the risk of diverting the attention on elements that are not important."
- "A year from now we will know if we are in condition to respect the schedule or if we need to re-think it."
- "The first phase is the one of the Miniestadi, to be able to put the Nou Palau. This we will do for sure."
- With the Estadi, the big investment, we won't do it half. When we do it we will have to have it all figured out."
- "What is important is that we make this urbanistic intervention for the city and for the club's facilities, and that we do it right."
- "And that the budget doesn't put the club's life at risk."
- "That we do it with the timing we had set is critical, but of the three elements it would be the last."
- "During the construction, no one will be left without a seat. In some cases, we may have to relocate, but it will be rare."
- "The coast of a move was too expensive."
- "The players won't be affected by the refurbishment."
Sponsorship of the name
- "We're working with the prediction we'll have it in a year, a year and a half. When we get closer to the start of the construction, the big one, we will have to get it."
- "If not, we will slow down the decision. Rushing things is not very good."
- "We are in the first months to know the sponsorship market, how they have worked in contracts that have already been sealed."
- "We analyse how to get better value. We must take into account that we don't only have the stadium, but also the Palau, and the 20 hectares of the Espai Barça."
Camp Cruyff + Sponsorship?
- "With Cruyff, we don't want to make a rushed decision."
- "We Catalans and Culers don't have really this tradition of giving people's names to things... We will see."
Here is Jordi Moix talking about the project (in catalan):
Champion's League winners
- "I don't have any preferences. I do know who I don't want to see winning."
- "What I want is to die with more Champion's League trophies than our rivals."
Podeu sentir aquí l'explicació de Jordi Moix sobre el campió de la Champions: