"I try of course but I realise that I will never be a true scorer"
Chelsea's striker Eden Hazard has confessed in an interview at Sport/Foot Magazine that he will never get the goal registers of Messi or Cristiano. However, last year the 24-year-old footballer scored 19 goals and he was really praised by his team.
Here you have the statements of Hazard:
- "I often ask myself what I can do to become like Messi and Ronaldo and score 50 or 60 goals in a season."
- "I try of course but I realise that I will never be a true scorer. It's not in me. It is mainly mental.
- "At 2-0, not thinking that is enough for example. Sometimes I still think after a goal, 'that's enough'.
- "I'm not in search of records like some other players... if I can score between 15 and 20 goals each season, I will be very happy.
- "I'm at a peak of my career but I want to become even better every day. I'm not there yet."