The coach talked about the way he like to motivate his players
Pep Guardiola is a passionate man. He feels what he does and has explained to an interview one of his greats motivations: "make players feel the passion of football".
These are the most important statements:
The formula for success
- "I played in one of the best teams of the world as a player, that's my best success. As a coach, I've trained two of the best teams on the planet, as well as I coached one of the best players. If I haven't trained this squad, I wouldn't have succeeded so much".
The passion of the players
- "I require them passion, to like what they do. I really notice when a player likes what he does, also I notice when he doesn't have. My players must enjoy in the training session, in the changing room and in the gym".
- "I like to convince people who I work with".
- "When I played in Brescia, we didn't win as usual as in the big teams"
- "One of my best things is to know that a player wants to follow me; If I say to him: 'jump over the window' I want him to jump with no doubts".