He didn't say if he will play on Saturday or not
Messi has been training with Barcelona B to keep working on his recovery. This Saturday, Barça's first team will face Real Madrid and the Argentine might play. The coach of the B team, Gerard López, talked about the presence of Messi on his trainings:
Messi's physical conditions
- "After such a severe injury as this on his knee, I see him ok. We know how Leo is."
- "I don't know if he will play on Saturday, but I saw him happy. I hope he is recovered as soon as possible."
- "Messi adapted to our trainings and he even collaborated in tactical aspects to prepare our match."
- "Leo completed all the trainings. I am happy he is recovering well."
- "We didn't vary the trainings because he was there. We did a normal session, the same we do before every match."
Influence in the B team
- "For the young players it was amazing to train next to the best player in history, despite some already knew him. You know many of them have been training with the first team."