He thinks that both Madrid teams "would like to be in Barça's position in La Liga"
Spanish national team coach, Vicente del Bosque, gave on Monday a large interview to Catalunya Ràdio's Club de la Mitjanit in his office of the Ciudad Deportiva of Las Rozas, in Madrid.
- "Titles are not decided until you win them."
- "Problems appear and disappear: there is game every three days, and we analyse very often, very radically."
- "Real Madrid and Atlético would like to be in Barça's position in La Liga."
The Champion's League
- "I feel confident about the comeback, because it doesn't have to be an epic one. They have to win a game that is currently going 0-2."
- "L’eliminatòria entre el Barça i l’Atlètic de Madrid està al 50%".
- "The quarter-final between Barça and Atlético is 50-50."
- "Xavi has been an extraordinary player. He will be a good coach."
- "Essential, in the end... Well, we don't have to dramatise things. We have now a very good relationship."
- "He comes because we thing he's a great centre-back. He has never been a problem."
- "He's very much involved, with Barça as well as with the Spanish national team."
- "Maybe the 12th player of Barça's squad, always with an excellent performance."
- "When I was young, they put us one day in each position. You had to win the sympathy not only of the coach but also of the teammates."
- "He has something special when he's in the first team... He's not a nobody."
- "I would like him to play more, for sure. He did well with us."
- "In big teams, centre-backs have to defend a lot of ground. He's very exposed."
- "We have called him until now, we'll see if he makes the cut."
- "For sure football has been unfair to him."
- "Ha was playing very well in Barça and a punctual injury changed his trajectory."
Messi or Cristiano?
- "I like them both. Why do we have to say who is better, if nobody knows?"
- "Barça benefitiated from his knowledge and the way he was."
- "The 0-5 was very painful. But football gives you many opportunities to make it up: we won a Copa del Rey final against them 4-0."
- "Yes, he could be the national team coach. Being from Barça won't prevent him from anything."
- "When he was playing, I didn't think he could end up being a coach."
- "He could perfectly be the national team coach. It's not a problem that he is pro-independence."
- "I'm from Salamanca and him from Santpedor, we couldn't think the same about this."
Being the Spanish national coach
- "In a club, maybe there are more 'obsessions' because of the daily aspect of it. In the national team it is all fine."
- "The unanimity for things is impossible."
- "The new national team coach will be chosen in 3 minutes. It won't be a problem."
Kubala, who was his national team coach
- "He was a good man, an very excellent person. He brought a very good atmosphere in the national team."
- "We who were gathered with him have no complaint."
- "I'm not thinking about banning Periscope. We have to adapt to the modern times."
- "UEFA surely will regulate the use of social media. We don't like to ban things..."
- "I used the iPad very much, but they advised me not to go on Twitter."
Here is the best of the interview (in Spanish):