"We have a good relationship, we are not home friends but we respect each other"
This Saturday the ITV television will broadcast an interview with Cristiano Ronaldo. So far, it has been known in advance that Cristiano thinks Messi is the favorite to win the Ballon d'Or this year.
- “To be honest I think Messi is going to win this year because this kind of trophy, it depends on votes.”
- “You win competitions, you win the Champions League you win the league in terms of individual."
- "I did probably the best season of my career which is good and I was the highest scorer in Europe [but] it’s all about votes, it’s difficult and to be honest I’m not very worried about that because as I said many times, I never thought I’d win three times to be honest.”
Relationship with Messi
- “I don’t have rivals, we have a normal relationship. We shared this stage at FIFA for eight years. No one has done that in the past – only us – so it’s good. I have a good relationship with him, he plays for one club, I play for another club."
- "He won the best for him, I won the best for me. We have a good relationship, we are not home friends but we respect each other.”