"He cannot play all competitions", he said, and he recommended to him to play the Olympics
Marcos Evangelista de Moraes, Cafú, was two-time World Champion with Brazil's national team. Mythical right-back when he was active, now collaborating with the Laureus Foundation. In Berlin, where the ceremony of the 2016 Laureus World Sports Awards will take place, the Brazilian recommended Neymar to not force on his body.
- "Neymar is young, but he has played many games this season and last: he needs to stop to take care of himself."
- "He is the only person that can decide that, but he cannot play all competitions. Young cracks also have to take some rest."
- "Neymar has to take some rest: he only has to play one of the tournaments Brazil are part of this summer."
- "It's up to Neymar to decide which competitions he wants to play."
- "I'm not in position to tell him which he should choose, but if I were him I would play the Olympics."
- "I can give my opinion, but I don't focus on that topic [...] Him and the CBF (Brazilian Football Federation) have to decide."