Buffon has talked to FIFA.com about the Champions League final of this Saturday
Buffon has talked to FIFA. com about the Champions League final of this Saturday and he said he believes it's more difficult to win Barça than Real Madrid. Juventus' keeper explained that after winning at the semifiansl he felt very happy and he only has been this happy a couple of times, since when you are not the favourite team to win eveything is more gratifying.
These are his most highlighted statements in the interview:
Respect to Barça
- "Against Real Madrid we had a 35% of chances to pass the round, so I guess the chances to win the title now against FC Barcelona are less. We know this and we can't deny it, because it's so obvious."
- "We have a huge respect to Barça for all they achieved, but as I said before about Real Madrid, we have our few weapons to play and try to make things difficult to them, we are going to play thinking about this."
Champions League final
- "The final is a big objective. It's a big objective because my career it's been long and obviously for years I've lived complicated moments and I had to take difficult decisions"
- "And I have to say that after ten years, some of them were really difficult, coming here again and with all the team and all the staff all the club and our supporters, it's simply something huge and something really gratifying"
- "I only felt this happiness a couple of times before, because when you are not the favourite team or the strongest and you pass to the next round, all is very gratifying"
- "I am curious about seeing if the feelings and sensations are the same. But I don't believe there's differences respect 9 years ago."
- "I was amazed by his intelligence for what he does with the squad and the fact he improves our quality, and also our mind and the moral of all the team and each player. This way I thing he assimilated the thougts of the team. I think that in that sense he has been very clever and he done everything very well."
- "His tactical knowledge is exeptional and, after playing for some years with an specific system he got to give us alternatives and improving. However, he didn't try to change our gamestyle, since in some occasions or matches we came back to our origins. He didn't try to reach a club and change everything. To make changes he went step by step taking what we needed in account and depending in each situation."