The Argentine predicts an open match at City of Manchester stadium
Pablo Zabaleta has known Barcelona for a long time. He played in Espanyol some years ago. This Tuesday he will face Barça again. Interviewed at the newspapers Sport and Mundo Deportivo, he analyzed the clash:
Match vs Barça
- "We are two teams that want the ball, the possession and that seek for goal chances."
- "We will both be fast when attacking. It's going to be an open match."
Barça's state of mind
- "After Christmas they had some doubts... and then problems between players and the coach came. But football is a matter of moments. Nothing else."
- "This defeat at home against Málaga doesn't mean they are bad. A match doesn't change anything. We are still thinking we are facing the best team in Europe."
- "They have amazing players amb maybe the best forward in the world."
City's state of mind
- "It's been a perfect weekend. We wanted to show we could control the game. These five goals give us confidence."
- "Without Touré we had a bad January. We didn't play well, we couldn't score... Yaya is a very important player."
- "We must do a great effort in terms of defense and don't allow them freedom to find goal chances."
- "Suárez is one of the best in the world. It's his first year in Barça and like everybody, he needs adaptation. Goal against Levante [bicycle kick] shows his level."
Last season's memories
- "We weren't ok. Many important footballers couldn't play and it affected us."
- "It was a correct match until Demichelis was sent off. We seek for the goal but we couldn't. Alves' goal in the last minute killed us."