The captain talked after the victory 5-0 against Newcastle
Manchester City's captain, Vincent Kompany, talked after the match that his team won 5-0 vs Newcastle, this weekend in the Premier League. Remember that Pellegrini didn't allow the players to talk with the press about Barça until the end of this match. Kompany said they are not afraid of Messi, Suárez, Neymar and co:
Match against Barça
- "Fear? We don't fear them. You don't go in at this level fearing strikers."
- "We want to play against them. It's the fourth time in a year now. There's nothing new to worry us, it's a case of having the whole team at a very high level."
- "They're a special team with special players, of course."
- "I think their ability is not about hurting you all game -- you can have tougher games when you go to Stoke City. It's about the fact they can decide a game within a second."
- "They have more players than anyone else in the world who can finish games with a touch of magic."
- "But I've come into football to play those games. From the moment I'm feeling reluctant to play in these games I'm not in the right place. This is what I want."
- "The history of this club tells you that in the past six years we always keep progressing. It's only a matter of time that we win Champions League."
- "We're putting in a fight again for the Premier League -- you saw that [in Saturday's 5-0 win against Newcastle]," he said. "And we'll put in a fight for the Champions League too."