Mathieu has played more minutes as a defender than Mascherano
Playing at FC Barcelona isn't always as easy as it gets. Every team needs stars, but the club also needs players that may sacrifice their careers -not their contracts- to watch and celebrate the victories from the bench.
It's about to get interesting in the season with Manchester City and Real Madrid waiting to visit the Camp Nou. Luis Enrique may use this XI, the one he has used the most, but here we also want to look at those people with less minutes in the squad: players like Sergi Roberto, Montoya or Adriano. They are the three of the players with less minutes this season.
- Mathieu is the fifth defender with more minutes, below Piqué, Alba, Alves and Mascherano and above Bartra, Adriano and Montoya. The French has played more minutes as a defender than Mascherano (1.863'), who played some matches as a defender and others as a midfielder (759').
- Pedro has played half of the minutes than Leo Messi, who has played 3.350.
- Xavi and Pedro, players that were an important part in the best Barça of all-time, are now substitues, with the same minutes than Bartra more or less.
- Barça B players Samper and Munir have played more minutes than first team players Douglas and Masip, with only 236 and 90 minutes.
- Sergi Roberto is the midfielder with less minutes played, half of the following in bottom, Rafinha.