The midfielder hasn't scored or assisted for one year
Andrés Iniesta is not performing at his highest level this season under Luis Enrique. He hasn't scored a single goal and hasn't given an assist in the league. His last goal in La Liga was back in 23th March 2014. In the Champions League his latest goal was on 23th October 2012.
In an interview with El País, Iniesta spoke about his lack of goals.
His personal moment
- "Of course I would like to score more goals. I try to improve in all the aspects of the game, but I don't value my performances depending if I score or not".
- "My stats of goals and assists aren't very good this season, but one year I gave 15 assists and I didn't consider I made my best season. I don't judge my performances like this".
This season's performances
- "We had more control of the games before. It's different now. Nothing hasever been the same from one year to the following one".
- "It's difficult to explain. He makes things he only knows how to do".
- "I never had the feeling of being one of the leaders of the dressing room"