András Iniesta beat Víctor Valdés in number of matches played for Barça
Andrés Iniesta beat Víctor Valdés in number of matches played for FC Barcelona and he is now the 4th player in this ranking. Barça's website interviewed him. He talked about his beginnings, his best memories and also about some mates. Here you have the video-interview and also the best statements:
- "He is a player that has always helped me and supporter me. My career has practically progressed alongside him, and even today I'm still learning things from him."
- "Puyol is an icon for everyone. I'd have loved him to have stayed longer with us, but there's no doubt that his career is of almost insuperable magnitude."
- "We know each other since we were very small at La Masia and been through a lot together. We have shared many things. It's been a privilege to do so many things alongside him."
- "I think my first team debut was the most important day, because I'd been dreaming about it for so long."
The first Liga
- "The first Liga is always very special. We hadn't won it for some time and it was great to see the people enjoying it again."
Champions League Rome final
- "One of the best finals of all. We got there after [Iniesta's goal at] Stamford Bridge. One of the most incredible experiences of my whole career. I was injured but I wanted to play in that final for definite, and the coach put his trust in me and we all had a great game; it was such a huge joy."
Club World Cup
- "That final against Santos was unique as well. The way we won, the way we played, the way we did things was something to remember and enjoy."