He also says that Tito and Mourinho ended up having a very cordial relationship
Álvaro Arbeloa has broken a long silence about his relationship with Gerard Piqué. In an interview to the web page lagalerna.com, he explained why he didn't want to reply to the Blaugrana:
Reply to Piqué for the "Cono-cido"*
*Play on words between "cono" (cone) and conocido (acquaintance). Gérard Piqué reacted in December 2015 on the messages on social media that referred to him as a "cone", uncapable of defending well. Piqué's took the opportunity of a statement from Arbeloa on his sense of humour to reply with this play on words.
- "You're tempted to answer to the first one, but afterwards you realise it's better to let things cool down and not saying certain things."
- "Thinking about it, I prefered not to reply to him. Had he attacked Real Madrid one more time, I would have lost it, because I will always defend the club, no doubt."
- "If he attacks me, it's different. It's my way of reacting. Not answering is better than saying things he could explain."
- "I could explain to the world why I'm not Piqué's friend. Maybe he wouldn't look very good..."
- "It is also true that I know his family, and the respect he doesn't have for mine I do have for his."
- "We hear many stupidities. One more or one less doens't make a difference. But the one close to us suffer."
Tito Vilanova-Moutinho relationship
- "I think that until the end they had a very cordial relationship."
- "Mou was sending messages of to Tito during he final step of his life, when he was fighting."
- "About the case of the finger, actually, they both moved on."
Messi and Suárez's two-man penalty
- "I'm pretty sure we would have received critics from everyone if we had done that. Not genius or anything."
- "We've seen that a lot before, Cruyff did it eighty years ago."