He highlighted that he is not individualist, but ambitious: "he only wants to win"
The Uruguayan footballer Sebastián "Loco" Abreu is one of Luis Suárez's best friends. Although he is 10 years older, they met when Suárez started to play. They currently have a familiar relationship, as Suárez is godfather of one of the sons of Abreu. He was interviewed at Catalunya Radio, where he talked about the FC Barcelona player:
Assessing Luis Suárez
- "I have no doubts he is currently the best one. The level he is showing, both in collective and individual terms, makes him be one of the best ones."
- "He is the most important player in our country's history."
- "When a friend of mine is good, I don't call him. So he doesn't need a call right now."
- "After the World Cup, he lived bad moments. After the experience, I'm happy to see he overcame that."
Personal or collective success?
- "He is interested in winning. Winning, winning, winning."
- "If he wins, then Golden Shoe will arrive. But he is not an individualist player."
- "Those who know him are not impressed with what he is achieving."
- "In Groningen, Ajax... we wasn't playing with Xavi, Iniesta, Messi..."